gasin my oil

Asked by Feb 22, 2017 at 08:00 PM about the 1995 Nissan Maxima GLE

Ok I have a 95 maxims with 220062 miles it was sitting for 2 years and I finally
started to work on it it sat because the ignition switch was bad I would have to
jiggle key to even get it to crank. So I replaced that and found out my fuel pump
went bad so I got a new fuel pump and filter drained all of old gas and flushed
the lines. Still wouldn't start then found out my injectors were cloggedto the
point of no return so bought all 6 new injectors. Tryed starting it but wouldn't
start because of low battery. Charged battery and decided to replace ignition
coilss to and all 6 coils r getting spark. So tryed starting it and it would try and
fire up but wouldn't so I checked the oil and found out gas was in my oil. What's
the problem there is it rings since it sat to years and if it is would just a couple
of dropped of oil help the rings come unstuck from sitting?

81,775

Yes, you may have low compression in the cylinders. Use transmission oil and squirt into the cylinders with all the plugs out, so you can turn it over to lube up the rings.

Best Answer Mark helpful
81,775

May have to check to see if there is injector pulse if above does not get it going.

Thank you ima try that tomorrow for sure I pray it works. And since I have gas in my oil does that mean ima have to take the valve covers off and clean the gas oil out of it cause i just replaced the valve cover gaskets to.

Cause I no my injectors work cause they r brand new and I tested them when I got them and also it has a slow crank some times does that mean I need to get another better battery cause i no if the vehicle doesn't have a good cranks speed it won't start right?

Anything else I should do after I put the trans oil in the cylinders and change the oil

81,775

Ok, so all you have to do is drain the oil, all the gas would come out with it. You wouldn't have to do anything else other than change the oil filter also. All the gas comes out with the oil. It sounds like the cylinder walls and rings are dry and thats why it would turn over slow. Just squirt a bunch of trany fluid in it with the plugs out and turn it over to lubricate the cylinder walls and rings. When she fires up there is going to be a lot of smoke coming out the exhaust until all the oil is burnt out. Charge up the battery, probably getting low from cranking on it. Then we'll see what condition the battery is in along with the starter.

Ok great thank you hopefully starter is ok cause that's brand new to. I'll try it tomorrow and definitely let you no thanknu so much.

81,775

I'll be here, good luck!

Thank you I will let you no as soon as I change oil and everything hopefully rings ain't bad after sitting and me cranking on them but I no the car never had any problems other than ignition and was well maintenanced. Thank you again I feel better knowing that i might not have to pull motor out and replace the rings.