97 pathfinder

5

Asked by Jan 22, 2016 at 09:28 PM about the 1997 Nissan Pathfinder 4 Dr LE 4WD SUV

the problem i am having is my drivers back door has the child lock engaged
and the outside door handle wont open the door it feels like its not hooked up
and their a way i can get it open to disengage the child lock?

94,995

You will have to get the door panel off to get to the control rods and with the dorm closed this is going to be a chore, I have had some success by removing the rear seat and with care remove the trim piece that wraps around the door opening as far as possible the lower trim plate will prevent complete removal of the trim then using a narrow 90 degree pry bar start working your way around the door panel and popping the plastic keepers loose and taking out the screws holding on the arn rest and handle trim, you will break a lot of the plastic door keepers so make sure your parts store has them in stock, the lower section will be extremely difficult you have have to use a long thick straight blade screwdriver to snake in behind the door panel to pop them free or break them off, after you get them free then the door panel can be lifted up and off, then you can a light in there and check for disconnected control rods, most rods come out when the little plastic rod keeper breaks and the rod falls out, most parts stores have those also. It's not going to be eaisy but it can be done.

Best Answer
5

thank you very much