I cant get my 1991 3000GT SL to start but just put a new fuel pump, filter, new spark and a new battery! its been sitting for about 8 years an help on how I can get it started? also has about 145,000 miles. was sitting a little garage!!

75

Asked by Feb 03, 2013 at 02:39 AM about the 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr STD Hatchback

need elp pleaseee

drain the gas. put FRESH gas in it. Did it run when you mothballed it? How did it run?

112,085

Is it cranking but just not starting. Or not cranking over at all.

75

what you mean mothballed it?

112,085

I believe he means parked it for a long period of time.

75

and it cranks but wont start! if I spray starting fluid it wants to but wont? and I cleaned the gas tank already

75

I will make a video so you can see

112,085

Did you replace plug wires?

75

yeah

112,085

Check for spark at coils. The easy way is to use a spare plug and wire and plug it into each coil to verify that you have spark

112,085

Ok double check plug wire order. Starting from back to front they should be 1 4 2 5 3 6

112,085

Cylinder numbers are front bank from right to left 1 3 and 5. Back bank is from right to left 2 4 and 6

Appararently "the mothball fleet" what exists near port Chicago is news to some folks. Wasn't tryin' to outclever anyone. Just a decriptor of puttin' it in storage for a while.

75

well I think it mite be the module? you thing that's why its not getting spark

112,085

Remove both wires off the coil then check again for spark with spare wire and plug. These coils are real picky. One foiled plug will cause both not to fire. Did you use platinum tipped plugs? It's a must with these cars. Also double check all harnesses you had to unplug to change back plugs.

...your OBD would know this? these things are one step removed from reality.

112,085

Had two fouled plugs on two separate coils drive me nuts till I tested like above mentioned. My car had sit for a month while I was reworking the heads. Put new plugs in and it would not start. The new plugs had fouled out or were bad new. Replaced them and its been running ever since.

75

I think its my module

Like a corrupt judge in a kangaroo court-

112,085

Oh ok. Hope you get it running. Keep us informed on what you find out.

75

its my module and all 3 coils are out

my 1991 3000gt sl have new spark plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter and cranks and cranks but not fires, i checked the coil with a spark tester and they all have power meaning that the car have spark(i guess), i put a octane booster for the old gasoline, do i still have to check the module? what about the main relay? or is the ECU bad? i started it with starting fluid b4 i replace the fuel pump and filter, but after that the car doesnt start even if i spray starting fluid, help please

let's start with the basics. air, fuel, spark...and timing...now we know we've got air. fuel? spark?...timing of both cam (timing belt) and spark (crank sensor).?

112,085

Did you use platinum plugs? If not replace with some. Are your wires on correctly and in proper order? And are you sure? Did you prime the fuel rail after you replaced pump?