If my 92 mitsubishi 3000gt sl just died going down the road and now I can't get fire to my coil packs would it be my ecu or my icm? There's a huge difference in price on them so trying to figure out

55

Asked by Jan 18, 2015 at 08:45 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

Iv already changed the crankshaft
position sensor and still nothing

20,585

doubt the ecu, ignition control possible, nice to have a fresh one anyway, could try it, codes read can help though that may not be do-able always check fuses fuseable links and look for loose connections first

55

Alright thanks Jimmy I haven't been able to get it hooked up on a code reader yet so I'm trying to figure out with a volt meter and reading on it

55

It's currently for sale over the issue but I'd like to figure it out if I can considering I have a little over $1000 of new parts on it not counting the new transmission

20,585

a car like that model can be a pain, id go with used parts maybe for the costs, gotta run to sell for any kind of good price though.

55

Yea I plan on it being a tt rebuild over time Iv already replaced the whole drive train side now I just got the engine side to spruse up but I need my stock sl engine running for now if possible

55

Shoot I only paid 2000 and have put maybe 2000 into it and the only thing not new on it is the engine and computers so I'm trying to figure out a cheap fix to the firing issue so when I get the money for my tt engine ecu and awd transmission ima jump on it and change to awd over time

6,125

sounds like the ECU to me... could be the PTU the MFI but likely the ECU they are prone to failure,,, happens all the time in these cars,, pull the ECU out open it up smell it for funky smells and or swollen or leaky capacitors I can help you trouble shoot the other stuff if you want or need me too