92 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL

Asked by Martin Sep 28, 2020 at 11:45 PM about the 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL FWD

How do I fix my intake I bought a brand new one
because they said that the motor that makes the
flap open and close was not working and now
they're telling me that the wiring is not getting
power I don't know what to do I have a 1992
Mitsubishi 3000GT SL non-turbo

615

That is called the VIC variable intake control. Its super trickey replacing just part. You can easily strip out the new one if installed incorrectly! Replacing the whole upper plenum is easy. Just remove the bolts frim behind plenum. Vac lines and bolts on top where you can see. Remove the grounds behind plenum. The egr might be a pain in the ass. LoL. Replace the old metal gasket and torque it back down. I may have failed to mention some bolts. Make sure you look it over so you dont ruin anything. Google how to replace upper plenum for illustrated ideas for more insight.

Similar problem with 92 3000 gt sl. Turns out it was the Engine Coolant Temperature control sensor. It actually does more than that including monitoring the air/fuel mixture going to the engine. If it's not working, the check engine light will come on, it will start when it wants to, and the engine will run rough at times. The sensor cost $29. It plugs into the top of the engine. I got it from Pit Stop Auto in Mansfield, TX; check their website. As soon as the new sensor was plugged in, it began has been running fine for the last 6 months.