I need to replace lifters on my 95 3000gt want to buy them on ebay, does anybody recommend them to me, you know quality

Asked by Mar 02, 2010 at 04:56 PM about the 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 2 Dr SL Hatchback

need to be sure if they are good quality, do not want to get wrost noises

65

It won't be cheap, but get a set pf 99 lifters. They're known as 3rd Gen lifters and will get rid of that annoying lifter tick.

135

I just did an overhaul on my recently purchased 1995 Mitsubishi SL, and bought some of the lash adjusters from ebay and they work fine. Be sure to ask all pertinant questions or they'll send you the wrong item and you won't know until it's too late to return or get a refund. I'm new to these kinds of cars and we bought this one to restore and do vehicle wraps on for our shows as advertisement for our business. Problem is this guy I was doing this with kept misplacing bolts and jumping ahead and doing things that I didn't get to see. To make a long story short, I have a dual vaccume pipe setup that I don't know where it goes. The diagrahm from the shop manual shows it in the back of the engine somewhere. I tried turning it multiple ways and can't seem to figure out how or where it fits. Additionally there is a plate with the ignition coil and before he left he told me that I'd have to remove the oil pump or water pump to install it but that the engine was ready to start up. Unfortunately, I have good fuel and good spark and the engine spins fast and seems like it wants to catch but won't. I looked it up in the manual and it says to adjust the timing and shows a diagramof jumping something and using a tachometer and timing light. Any photos or help would be appreciated before a divorce is iminent.

135

Nevermind. I got it.

http://www.3sx.org/index.php?k=lifters+3000GT&c=blended

lifter tick is normal. caused by a 1mm hole in first gen lifters. 3rd gen is a 3mm hole which allows more oil to squirt through the top. you can replace wihout taking your cams of. otherwise dealership wanted to charge me 1200$ that said no 3rd gen lifter will cause anymore tick than any other 3rd gen lifter. 3sx is a great place to order performance parts but not every1 is building a racecar. i got parts from 3sx and ebay. no issues with either.

Ok, I got a weird one. As I said I have the 1995 3000GT, SL model and just did an overhaul. I've replaced just about everything on this car, Overhauled engine, New tranny, New Stainless headers, New front axels, New rear bearing hubs, New tie rod ends, New ball joints. Well, the car ran great. It's very fast. One day I was taking the wife out to dinner and all of a sudden the car starts running bad. I find out that it's not firing cylinders 3 & 6. I replace the coil pack with one that I tested and it tested good. Still same problem, I tested the old coil pack, it too tested good. After starting the engine, it ran fine again for about 45min. then did the same thing. I have two complete sets of coil packs so I tested them all and they all test good. Next, I buy a new PTU, put it in and still have the same problem but this time it never runs good for a while and then has the problem, it just has the problem from the start. I test the old PTU and IT tests good. I change it out again and same problem. I pull the ECU and it's in excellent shape with no signs of problems. I check all the wires from each coil pack to the next. They all put out 1.8v and when I connect the coil pack for 3 & 6, I get no fire. Any body experience this or have an answer?

101,365

I had same problem. Turned out to be a bad plug. They were new but replaced them and it has run fine ever since. Found it to be them by lifting both wires and placing different plugs in wires and grounding them out on engine. Fired fine that way.

135

I don't think that's my problem as I get no fire to the plug.

101,365

I did not either. Coil would only fire with wires lifted off the plugs.

135

Are you talking about Spark plugs? When it starts running correctly after about two days of sitting, I get good spark to the plugs then after it warms up I get no spart to the spark plug wire. If I pull the wire at the plug and put a new plug in it still wouldn't fire because I'm not getting spark to the spark plug wire to begin with.

101,365

Mine did the same. Remove both wires from coil when you have no spark to plugs. Try placing spare wire and plug to coil see if spark returns with the others removed. If it does you probably have a wire or plug issue. Important to remove both wires to test coil. Hope this helps.

101,365

I had only one bad spark plug but it caused no spark to both plugs on that coil. Not really sure why but it did.

135

I'm not getting spark to the wires so putting a plug at the end isn't going to help. I'm getting no spark out of the coil pack.

135

I don't have anything to do but wait for another PTU so I can give it a try tomorrow, but I don't see how that's gonna work when I'm not getting anything from the coil to the wires.

135

I'll let you know what happens.

101,365

Ok. Just for giggles I just went out and removed both wires off my coil and added spare wires on it with no plugs in them. Timing light did no show any spark at all on either wire. I then put two old plugs in each wire and timing light went crazy with good spark. Sure hope you get it figured out. Good luck. Please keep me informed I sure enjoy working on these cars.

135

OK, tried that and it didn't work.

o ya 3s's are wierd like that they only like certain plugs. i had this problem on my 92 vr4 when it was in the dealership. swapped coils and it still didnt work. check your wiring. although it wouldnt hurt to switch your coils around and see if you get spark then. im tryin to recall what it was for me im thinkin maybe it was a ground.

101,365

Ok. Sorry I couldn't help. Good luck and please let us know what you find out

135

I have a new bosch PTU on the way so I should know something by Wed. hopefully.

101,365

ok. my a/c compressor just bit the dust yesterday. Its always something but you got to love these cars inorder to have one. Good luck

20

I love mine :-)

20

Just waiting for waterpump to get fixed and I also have the lifter tick.

101,365

Replacing timing belt too I hope with that new water pump.

101,365

Also how is your oil pressure? Is it about time for a new oil pump? Have found that adding some sea foam to your oil and letting it idle for about thirty minutes right before an oil change really help revive ticking lifters. But make sure you change the oil and filter after using the sea foam.