Load that can be safely carried

Asked by Jul 18, 2013 at 03:36 AM about the 1996 Mitsubishi Mirage S

Hi, I have a Mitsubishi Mirage, 1996 make. How many kilograms can I safely carry in my
car for a long drive ? I will weight my suitcases and then load them while relocating.
Thanks, Kaushik.

It weighs about 2,100 lbs or 950kg. curb weight, the page was translated to English and it got lost in translation to 'kerb' weight As long as it's not so heavy as to bottom out the suspension you will be fine. Generally cars that size can carry a cargo load of about 400kg or 900lbs. A full tank of gas, is 100 lbs/45kg. You will be perfectly safe loading 50kg, but don't forget to include your and your passengers weight included in there, and try to put some of that in the back seat if possible, not all on the rear end, try to center the load of gravity. 4 door

Coupe

24,625

I see our resident Master Guru, who also happens to be a very smart guy (Rocket Scientist material, actually) is on the case!! Good answer, David....and Good Morning to you, Sir!

Good morning back at ya racer, don't flatter me...but Thank You. (I have been hounding the CarGuru people about letting us have 'rich text'..you know, bold, italics, colors for text, emoticons, things like that. They can do it, just haven't

Wait wait wait just a cottin' pickin' minute. Rocket scientist? I think not. My dumb ass can't even spell. I used to think those squiggly red lines meant I used a big, proper word

5,815

it should have a sticker on the door jam that tells you exactly how much weight you can carry