i don't know if my car is turbo charged or not can some one help me??

45

Asked by Oct 18, 2013 at 01:52 AM about the 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage LS

well Im just wondering im my car is turbocharged or not if not can I make it??

2,315

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRv3ZWkyL1G5ghx2hm9ZmrdQ8qXsq-9PCvq4HlKPUD63-TYeF_X unlikely but look for one of these on your engine.

2,315

If not then don't worry, your car's Japanese and jap car's are probably the most tuned cars on the planet so it's 99.9% likely that there'll be an aftermarket kit out there somewhere. use google search to find an engine tuner or a garage in your area that does turbo conversions. Don't however, expect a conversion to be pocket change. It involves a little bit more than just buying any old turbo and bolting it to your engine so make sure your pockets are feeling pretty deep!

6,015

no your car is not turboed and there is no after market kit to turbo this car, it would be completely pointless, you would need an act of god to make it close to fast, and if your thinking that you would just like to get a little more out of it, that still wouldn't justify the cost or make it possible to turbo it. this engine is high compression so you would just end up blowing it up, the money it would take to fabricate a turbo system for this car would buy you an already turboed car

6,015

well Ill be damn, I stand corrected and by myself none the less lol http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/220479582327?lpid=82

6,015

still not sure why you would want to sped almost as much as your car is worth on a turbo when its not even going to be close to fast, also you better hope that your engine is healthy enuff to handle the stresses that turbo is going to put on it,, also ebay turbos have a horrible reputation for quality so don't expect that turbo to last long or give you much boost,, also there some other engine management systems shits you should get, more like really really need to get as in critical, like boost gauge, boost controller, air fuel ratio gauge most likely a better fuel pump and bigger injectors to handle the increase in fuel needed, oil pressure gauge and other assorted gauges etc,, that is unless you want to toss the money spent on the kit and install, ontop of all that I wouldn't even attempt to do all that unless my engine was healthy and until I did any service maintenance that was due like timing belt, water and oil pumps, timing belt tensioner idler pulley tensioner seals and whatever else is needed or due,, by the time your all done with all that you could of spent the money on a real turbo car that is ready to drive and is actually fast and looks cool

It's worth making the mirage turboed because you can buy a body kit that will turn it into an evo 3 like from the anime show initial D if you want to spen more money then make it awd and you could always sell it for more because you can't buy an evo 3 until 15 more years from now. So don't listen to regard Daniel who doesn't know shit about cars.