I have a new Mirage 1999 and I want to know what I can do to make this more comfortable/visually appealing.

Asked by Aug 04, 2011 at 08:44 PM about the 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage DE

I just got a Mirage for very cheap. I hate the interior and I'm working on fixing that. I also want to know some basic/cheap ways to get it running a little better and have a more pleasant experience owning it. I want to get something to allow me keyless entry but I don't know where to start. I also want a nice shift knob and maybe a new steering wheel. The fabric on the sides of the doors (next to the handles) was peeling off so I ripped it off completely and now am looking to replace it with some kind of red fake leather or something as it would match the rest of the car. Any one know of any good sites or places to help me with these resources? Or if it's even possible? Thank you so much.

15

If you have power door locks a Viper alarm will get you the keyless entry you want. I have one in m y 2000 Mirage and it works great. Any good upholstry shop should be ale to re-do your door panels in just about any material you want. The material just glues on to the panel. might not want to try yourself though. Kind of tough to not end up with puckers or ripples. There are lots of other things you can do. Aftermarket tail light lenses, rear spoiler. Igot mine from Andy's auto sport online. Wheels always make a big improvement. I put 17" Enki wheels on mine. The 1000 watt Alpine system also makes for some nice tunes to listen to as well.