engine swap???

Asked by Jun 18, 2010 at 09:38 PM about the 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage DE Coupe

i have a 01 mirage de coupe i would like to swap the engine for something else....it is an automatic. i was told i could put a jdm 4g63t in it but there would be a ton of fabrication involved since it would mount on the other side......OR what OTHER alternatives or upgrades could i do to make it faster!

95

Try to find a lancer evo 4 or 5 clip and swap it. It's the same body

105

Evo4-9 will fit. make sure you get everything...engine harness and ecu most importantly. If you want to go with an AWD conversion you will need the rear floor pan off an e4-9 with or without fuel tank which will then get grafted onto your car. If you don't get the fuel tank you can use a racing fuel cell. Hit up www.mirageforums.net and read up on it in the FAQS section...please look and read first before asking questions on that forum since its a question that is asked almost every day. Thanks and good luck! you may also want to try swapping in a 4g64 motor and do an Evo head swap, 4g93t DOHC head swaps can be bought easily now a days as well as MIVEC 1.6 DOHC head swaps. If you want more torque and don't want to spend too much on a motor swap you can also swap out for a 4g94 SOHC motor...not as much HP gain but its definitely a lot more torque and aftermarket parts for it are readily available.

30

my motor went out and i am trying to find a newer year of motor that will inter change for a 1993 mirage mistubishi what else would work a newer motor even a newer mirage

30

I have a 1993 mirage mistubshiui and the motor went out i want to put a newer motor in it even a newer mirage. which one would fit? The newer the better even a different type of motor

55

I have a 02 Mirage and i was wondering what engine is batter and faster to swap into my mirage the 6g72 or the 4g64? oh and cheper

20

I have a Mitsubishi mirage 97 DL automatic and i would like to know what type of motor size i can fit in i did the tune up on it and it will not stop throwing wite blusish smoke idk why it all happened afther the tune up!

6,145

why did some idiot mark luis thread jack as helpful,, luis start your own thread dont thread jack

I swap my mitsubishi 2000 carburator motor too a fuel injector motor mitsubishi mirage automatic and i change the hole wire inside till outside and they want too start what i need too doo????

You can do a 3.8 mivec swap, you will have to custum the cable hardness, but totally worth it,