Interior

Asked by Sep 04, 2008 at 10:54 PM about the 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

What's it called and where can I get an interior part; specifically, the plastic dashboard trim part with the defroster and
a/c outlets that goes from each front pillar and around underneath the windshield and behind instrument cluster,
clock, and airbag?  Broken in three places by mechanic fixing a/c who denies he did it.  Bummer.  Thought I'd try and
get a replacement and replace myself.  Does anyone have any experience doing that particular task?  It doesn't look
too difficult, but I'd hate to buy one only to find out I had to take out everything on the dash to get to it.  My wife is the
original owner and it has only 53K miles on it.  Great car, paid for, and would like to keep in nice condition for her for
a few more years.  Also, she hit a pothole and bent two right 10-spoke rims.  Are good ones available online or do I
need to go to a dealer?  Austin, Texas  Thanks for you advice and help.

20

you can order them from any mitsubishi dealer. or you can allways pull one from a junk yard car. its all pretty simple doing the work yourself. the air bag is going to need a professional to install. theres alot of relays to it. so find a mechanic you can trust to do that work. air bags are a pretty penny and you wanna make sure you dont get dooped on it.