REPLACED FUEL PUMP, STRAINER, AND FILTER AND ALSO FUEL PRESSURE REG-CALIBRATOR AND STILL HAVE TROUBLE STARTING CAR---WHAT'S WRONG?

Asked by Dec 28, 2012 at 01:25 PM about the 2003 Mitsubishi Diamante 4 Dr LS Sedan

NO CODES ARE SHOWING UP WHEN CAR IS PLACED ON THE MACHINE THAT TELLS WHATS GOING ON WITH IT. I'VE TAKEN IT TO 2 PLACES TO HAVE IT TESTED

245

There are only three things a car needs to run: air, fuel, and spark. make sure that you have all those things before you really start shoving money into the car otherwise you might just be wasting your money.

295

well when its running have you heard any air being sucked in from where its not supposed too? and when was the last time you put sprak plugs wire and a coil on it? 2 other things to check is a weak battery and in some case's your tranny may be part of the problem i own a 2nd gen eclipse and my tranny is my main problem with it starting right away hope this helps and good luck

Sounds like the same problem I just had, My distributor cap had a small crack in it and the voltage was arcing outside the cap