what is the pull cord located in the trunk that has a symbol of a man pulling then running away from car

135

Asked by Aug 26, 2014 at 05:18 AM about the 2002 Mercury Cougar 2 Dr V6 Hatchback

what is the pull cord located in the trunk that has a symbol of a man pulling then running
away from car

36,175

That's for in the unlikely event your kidnapped and put in the trunk you can escape. Im not kidding.

Good Morning B-mark. yeah, I know you're not kidding, my Corolla has one, it's even lighted---- but a lever not a cord with that symbol

36,175

Good evening F.N. Yeah some of then even glowed in the dark! Lol

That's exactly what it does, glow green just enough to see. Yes, I got in like an idiot just to see if that is what it was (with my phone, not that stupid) pitch black except the green glow

36,175

As I recall a state trooper got kidnapped and that's what prompted this device to be standard equipment. I never had the guts to try it out but I did point it out when I was seling cars in Florida.

A Florida State Trooper pulled over a guy doing 100 mph. He had to chase him for a while until the guy finally pulled over. The Trooper asked him why he was going so fast, and said my shift ends in 20 minutes and if you have a good reason I will let you off with a warning. The guy said "2 years ago my wife ran off with a Florida State Trooper and I thought you were bringing her back" He got off with a warning

36,175

That's a good one! L M A O

10

Lol that's funny @*#% right there