warm up normally if it's idling, but when I start driving it cools back down. If I'm on an interstate or expressway, the needle will drop down to the cold like it was never warm..i am at a loss and wa

Asked by Feb 09, 2015 at 07:56 AM about the 1996 Mazda Protege 4 Dr DX Sedan

warm up normally if it's idling, but when I start driving it cools back down. If I'm on an interstate or expressway, the needle will drop down to the cold like it was never warm..i am at a loss and want to kill this car i have changed t stat thinking that was it and it still cools off to where i can drive it for 30 minutes down the highway i can stop and pop the cap off and the coolant is cool but i have heat and it warms to normal when i stop at a light until i take off and it gets luke warm again and cools back off

12,750

If your coolant level is full, try burping the cooling system. this gets all the air out. lots of you tube vids on how to do it.