2003 Mazda 6s V6. My swerve light and tsc light off turns on and I cant acclerate,

MazdaChic89
35

Asked by Aug 09, 2012 at 12:18 AM about the 2003 Mazda MAZDA6 4 Dr s V6 Sedan

This has been going on for about a month, if I'm driving I put it in Neutral turn it off and turn it back on, then its fine. Nothing seems to trigger it. It just randomly does it. Some days it wont do it at all, others it will do it more then a few times in a day. It's very frusterating. I was going to change the pvc valve but idk. And I went to auto advance to get everything checked and I have so many codes going off my car shouldnt even be running lol anddd I think that my air intake may be misfiring other things, who ever had my car before me took off the stock air intake and put an "ingine" intake some bigger intake for more air flow I assume. Help please =]

195,995

You said you had many codes. Replacing the PCV won't hurt but a TSC light usually means a vacuum leak. Check all your vaccum hoses for cracks and splits all the plastic tees and connections. See if that helps and the light goes out and you get less codes and go from there.

MazdaChic89
35

My ac hose, for the freeon had a crack in it I believe, but I got that replaced. I'm going to get the PCV replaced soon. I just got back home and it started doing it again. Now I can say which lights are coming on lol, My AT light and the pic of a car swerving come on, and the TCS OFF light comes on, and from that point I can not accelerate and it makes a rev sound kinda, thats probably a bad description lol but as for the lights, thats what comes on. And I put it in neutral and turn it off and back on then its fine until it decides to do it again. Is there any more info I can get with that description? Thanks =]

Paul Wilson
765

i had an issue similar to this when i owned a v6 mazda 6 it was oil and crudd on the mass airflow sensor. it put the car into "limp mode" once it was well cleaned it was fine. since you dont have the stock intake thats what i would check!

MazdaChic89
35

I bought a new mas air flow sensor, still the problem persists. =[ I was told I may have to replace the throttle body and in that case its going to be super expensive and I should look for a new car....I love this car and wish it weren't so. I think there may be something else that can be wrong before I consider the throttle body option. Any more suggestions would be most appreciated.

Brady Wilson
10

I have the same exact problem, only code is the PCV