Car problems

Asked by Sep 22, 2016 at 09:05 PM about the 1995 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

My car was running fine until I stopped to
get gas it will crank but not start. Sent it to a
mechanic and he said the fuel pump is not
getting any power so is the fuel pump relay
(in the trunk) or the constant control relay
module by the radiator that's causing the
problem

17,445

Check this out its a relay tester from amazon. This is one I like but there are others and also other alternative to test relays including bypass kits and open circiut detector. If you want to see the other just do a search on amazon for relay tester of short finder or detector. its amazing how easy it is to find a bad relay or short with these tools. I will put a url to the relay tester below.

17,445

https://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Specialties-191-Relay-Buddy/dp/B00DGTOPWG/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1474593303&sr=1-2&keywords=relay+tester

17,445

Electronic Specialties 191 Relay Buddy Pro Test Kit

17,445

SG Tool Aid 25100 Short Tester

17,445

These are great for finding bad wires or relays and the short tester works threw body panels or dash or carpet.

17,445

Did he check the voltage or is that a guess?

Idk I was not there it's at his shop. But the way he put it he couldn't tell me if the fuel pump was bad or not bcuz it had no power to it.

17,445

Either short before it gets to pump next is the relay then main fuses on power line or grounds are loose shorted or otherwise not grounding. I would check those relays first and then located and check all fuses and at computer too, May should use a wiring diagram and locate from the computer the pump circuit and test to see if voltage is there at computer if not it may have a computer issue or not getting the signal to turn pump on before computer.

I checked all the fuses in the fuse box nd the only1 blown was the electric air pump but I fixed that. So I'm just gonna take the ccrm off nd get it tested.