I have a 1999 Lincoln continental and it keep saying that the drivers door is open

30

Asked by Aug 07, 2014 at 07:07 AM about the 1999 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

30

trying to find out were the driver side door jamb is cant find it I need to replace it because my doom lights don't go out

The door jamb is simply the end, or 'edge' of the door, or the part on the body where it closes. But I am pretty sure that Lincolns, you will not see a button there for the 'door ajar' or interior lights. The contact is made at the latch on those cars. You can try spraying contact cleaner all up in there, (the latch mechanism, then some WD40, to lubricate it (the cleaner will dissolve any lubricant there, it's a solvent) That car also has a BCM (Body Control Module) that regulates the interior lights and things like power locks, chimes for door ajar and such. Looks like this but I'll be dipped if I can find out where it is

23,795

if the door is not shutting all the way, that could be the cause of the problem- it may be latching, but everything gets loose, with age- you can adjust the door striker plate, and get that thing to snug up better- if it IS snug, then start following all the techno-instro that Mr. Nut says above- it's a good thing he's around 'cuz I just can't get that involved-