I want to replace my 2000 Continental air suspensiuon with non-air

Asked by Nov 07, 2015 at 02:58 PM about the 2000 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

Will the difference in ride be that noticeable?

74,535

It will depend on what kind of springs and shocks you install. Pick performance shocks if you like a firm ride or pick standard shocks for a soft ride. If it were my choice I would pick a good Bilstein or comparable gas charged shock. http://www.carid.com/2000-lincoln- continental-suspension-systems/

You may notice at first a slightly stiffer ride but you will quickly become adjusted to it and will never notice it again. Going to springs is a very good idea as opposed to trying to fix the air bladders/compressor/ height sensor. And that site FoR put up is very good, carid is very reputable but here is another- http://www.suncoreindustries.com/LINCOLN-CONTINENTAL-1997-2002-suspension.php

50,785

Suncore is the preferred site. If it were mine I would fix the air suspension, but sometimes depending on what is wrong this can get expensive. My Marauder has the same rear suspension and it works great. Suncore can sell you what you need no mater if you repair the air suspension or swap it out with springs.