If the battery has a dead cell will it make the car alarm go off randomly go off

Asked by Apr 08, 2013 at 01:12 AM about the 2000 Lincoln Continental 4 Dr STD Sedan

99,155

It might. Why don't you disconnect the battery? You don't need a alarm if the car doesn't start.

Just take the briefcase full of Krugerrand and American Eagle Gold coins out of the car, and he is right, alarms. factory and aftermarket alike are quirky and notorious for going off when you least expect it for no apparent reason. In a public parking lot nobody even pays attention to them anyway, a thief can be sticking a slim~ jim in a door and nobody is going to give him a second look. I once came out of a supermarket and a guy was in the process of stealing my license plate, he had one screw out and I approached him like it was not my car and asked if he needed help."no thanks I got it"...I took my phone out of my pocked and it dawned on him and he ran like heck, didn't have alarm on that car.. what good are they? Now anti~theft systems are a different deal. Those are worthless if somebody really wants your car, case in point my Regal, stolen while parked 50 feet from my bedroom and had transponder key and alarm