What causes hesitation on acceleration in a 2001 Kia Sephia? I had the converters worked on at a garage, but it still giving me the same hesitation.

Asked by Jun 23, 2015 at 03:56 PM about the 2001 Kia Sephia Sedan

When I accelerate after shifting to next gear sometimes, the car will seem like it
hesitates briefly.  When the check engine light was on, I got it checked and it was the
converters. I had the lower one removed and had the higher one de-gutted...I'm not
sure if they took this one out though.  But in any case, it was all supposed to be
"fixed".  Yet I still have the same hesitation when I drive...and every once in a while, it
will hesitate in idle.  What gives?

18,810

Check air filter. Clean throttle body with throttle body cleaner spray also have fuel filter changed if have not done so in a while. Add a fuel injector cleaner to gas tank.

Good call! I'll hit that asap. I had a suspicion it might be the fuel filter...but I'm going to replace spark plugs just in case too. Thanks!

It could also be what they the coil packs.you have two of them because you do not have a distributor.