multiple obd codes p174, p304 and manufacturer code p1744, it all started with vacuum leak ready to burn

Asked by Dec 19, 2014 at 08:09 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

the vacuum line for the intake manifold came off and then it started throwing the p174 and p304 codes, I have changed the fuel filter some of the egr vacuum lines and changed the plugs all that, took a trip to California and when I got back to Nevada it started running like crap and I put it back on a code reader that's when it threw the manufacturers code for the tcc solenoid. I also put in a new throttle position sensor because it seems to be how the throttle is pushed, it is driving me crazy, im a girl but after this I will be able to rebuild my car. last time I let someone get under the hood they put rubber cement glue on my egr vacuum lines and now I am replacing them please can anyone help me. sometimes it acts like its starved for gas while smelling like its flooded.

8,860

Did you repair the transmission? Did you run the diagnostic pinpoint tests? Have you determined if the current codes reset after writing them down, clearing them, and seeing if they reset after a drive cycle ? Are you using motorcraft parts ? You might do well to change the oil, clean the plugs, clear the memory, and drive it to a emissions certified shop or the Ford service department. I think you are expecting it to do what you want. That does not always happen. The test equipment, test literature, engineering bulletins, and knowledge of how the system works may demand too much of your time and waste your money. Time to get the pro's to simplify it for you from their experience, and in my humble opinion.

8,860

A TPS is a potentiometer, it reads the opening of the throttle and translates it to signal voltage. It does not "push the throttle" The issues I have glanced at here quickly will put the Computer into FMEM, which is a fuel trim plan enacted to get you to the service department. If you go on a trip ? It will eventually measure the time, distance, key warm-ups etc and enter LOS, which is a self destruct. Then it fouls the plugs. cant run, and demands correct action for the repair. It remembers the causes in code and tells the technician to observe its symptoms. It wants to run right and wont pollute for very long. These are the laws that the manufacturer has to obey in order to sell the car legally. The technicians go to school and have more info then they have time to read. they simplify your diagnosis using engineering bulletins about parts and procedure updates. These are the actual facts you will find. The emissions authority recommended repair shops in your area are monitored by your state. they are supposed to do only what you need to pass an emission test. Your dealer sees it as their baby you adopted. so pick who you want to trust.