IF MY CAR WONT START AND ALL I GET IS A THEFT LIGHT FLASHING AND A CLICKING FROM THE FUSEBOX UNDER THE HOOD EVEN AFTER I CHANGED THE IGNTION COIL BATTERY STARTER AND SPARK PLUGS WHAT COULD BE LEFT TO

Asked by Aug 21, 2012 at 03:46 PM about the 1999 Ford Taurus SE

20,015

Check connections from battery to ground and battery to starter.

1,065

It could be that your key is not the correct one. What I mean is that the key might not be programed to this car. The theft light suggests that the little resister that is in the plastic part of the key is not programed to start this car.

7,105

You might have to reset the computer. You do this by disconnecting the positive side of the battery for a minute or so, then reconnect it and make sure the connections are tight on the positive and the negative side. Try starting the car. If that doesn't work, try resetting the factory alarm which has a kill switch built in. Open driver's door, insert key, turn to on, leave like that for exactly 10 minutes, after which turn key off. close driver's door and then try to start the car normally, this resets the anti theft device. If none of these works, then double check all of your connections where you replaced items or disconnected items. Something might not be connected properly. Good Luck, Kenny / MrBlueOval

5,115

Is the engine cranking at all? Is the theft light flashing rapidly? Or just occasionally as if it would if the car was off? If the theft light is flashing rapidly, you have an issue with the alarm system. (bad key, bad antenae in the key hole, wiring issue) If the car is turning over, but not starting and the theft light is steady, I would check your crankshaft position sensor.

60

check the fuses . i had a problem with my 08 ford . turn the key on nothing no lights on dash . found a fuse to ignition switch blown .now looking for that problem.

my explorer is doing the same thing.pats is a joke and a waist of money.americans spend more on tows and keys than the theft system helps!!!!!

210

@erica someone ripped out the plastic piece where you stick the key in. And from your pictures I'm guessing it's the lock barrel? My car won't turn over at all and I have my transponder key and everything. I need help

920

Sounds like something in your ignition. You may need to replace or check your transponder coil in the ignition, its all part of the Anti-Theft Systems. If thats not the problem then its deeper but could still be simple and cheep like the little green antenna that goes to the "PATS" it looks almost like a part out of a computer and has little wires that can break off causing you car to lock you out like a thief. This gets damaged from time to time and makes life a living hell. Good news is that you can fix it yourself for $3. Just go down to pick and pull junk yard and find one off a car like yours doesn't even have to be the same year or mold. Carefully remove and i mean carefully. Hope this helps

920

here are some more pics of what to look for

920

Anti-Theft Systems

385

2004 ford taurs we won't turn over it clicks but won't start now the battery is dead anyanyone know what might be causing this

100

We had the same problem. Intermittent. Thought was the alternator. But it was not. Our door open light came on a lot. So, was up at O'Reilly Auto Parts and he showed us to after we got it started, reset the alarm to press and hold last two door entry buttons - together - for about ten seconds. Then, unlock door with the key, get in, close door, and car would start. So, now, when I get out, I do the hold the buttons reset,(this also locks the doors) then when I get in, I do the unlock door with the key....... O'Reilly knows what they are doing!

350

How. You stop a theif light

60

My dad taught me a trick... on the right side of the engine.. between the engine and the battery look deep and you'll see a red piece... next to the red piece there's a pipe thing... idk what either of these are called... get something long.. I used the pole for my jack... tap it (the pipe thing) a few times and 3-4... then start your car...I have a 2010 ford taurus SEL .. Let me know if that works... it worked like magic for me... did it 2 times already..also my remote started is on low battery which I think is causing the anti theft thing to trigger

90

Ok my 2002 nissan maxima went on lock mode cause my alarm remote got washed in the washer so one day i was parked in my car and i had it on so i decided to see if the remote works so i put the battery in the remote and it just locked and wit alarm while my car was on then i got home and turned the car off and it wouldnt turn on no more the security light is on red and whe i try to unlock the car wit the remote it locks itself wit the alarm it just does it when i get close to the car wit the remote anybody know how to help me wit this

60

I has prlm with ford f150 triton v8 4x4 1990 theft flashing how to fix it stop flashing (theft) for that truck .. could be key or what please leave me this msg..

120

I have a 2001 Ford f150 and it won't start....... it had the theft light on so we had the alarm system removed and installed to the way it originally needs to be but it still won't start . We also had our truck key reprogrammed but that didn't work either. So if any one can help please let me know. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and need my truck fixed ASAP..... thanks

200

i had the same problem with my 1998 contour lx. suddenly would not start, i heard the fuel pump when i turn the key, but when i tried to start nothing, not even a click i found that when the PATS light above the radio was blinking about 1 time every 2 seconds, but when i try to start the car the light would blink rapidly, maybe 2 times per second. i went and got my spare key and tried to start the car and instantly it started...the issue was the key. i also found out that if you don't have a key that works, there is a PATS reset procedure you can go through.

50

Dont know if this helps but i had this happen to me just a few minutes ago in a parking lot. I spun the lighta on and off and hit the emergancy flashers and the car turned over. I'll need to check the fuses when i get a chance.

50

I have a 1998 mustang gt it died out of no where and it cranks theft light flashs fast but it keeps blowing the fuse i dont know what to do

560

i have a 2005 ford Taurus SE when i turn key over there is nothing no clicking nothing.. but i have all the lights Theft light flashing rapidly. it cranked when I jumped the solenoid dont know what to do to fix any help would be great we have changed the alternator didnt fix it and battery is good

280

i have 2000 For taurus and it was working i went back home to mexico 2 weeks now i came back and isnt working , i been having the THEFT light blinking for a while it blinks every 3 seconds , when i try to start my car i just hears a small little click and everything goes off and dont start , can somebody please help me !!! i need to fix it asap . i disconect the battery , check the starter relay , fuses , gas pump ground , try to start in neutral and noting its working . starter was change in august 2014 , help

50

Check the battery connection. Take a small self setting screw and screw it into the terminal. This will tighen the connection. Also try rocking te car back and forth. This will rock the starter if you have a dead spot. Botg of these worked for a 2002 when it was 100degrees out.

280

I did check the battery and nothing still dead !

30

Buen día tengo un mercury sable modelo 2000 aut 6 cilindros y se me apago en carretera.al querer dar marcha de nuevo no hace nada prende todo normal luces del tablero y también parpadea el el antirrobo con la llave abierta y cerrada hace lo mismo al mismo ritmo parpadea na luz .si alguien me podría ayudar gracias de antemano

280

Fíjate que el mío ayer lo vinieron a checar y sabes parece ser es la computadora del carro , pues el mecánico la quito , medio golpeó y sacudió y de ahí mi carro intento encender dos veces pero al final le había movido lo de la bomba de gas y al intentar encender las bomba ya volvió a fallar , según él Mecanico es la computadora asta que no la cambie no sabré ,

90

I have a 2005 Taurus SE and the same thing happened to me today. Found the answer on page 71 of the owner's manual. Needed to reset the Theft "thing"...followed their instructions and it started right up. Never had this happen before...I hope the fix is permanent.

60

I have a 2011 Ford Taurus. when I put it on it shows false alarms(anti theft, temperature, traction, battery, TPMS alarms) on the dashboard especially when the engine is still cool. it comes up intermittently and this makes the AC to malfunction and also makes the car not to start most times. Please I need help on the possible cause.

30

Mrblueoval. It worked!!!! Thankyou

40

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY VAN STARTING A 2003 FORD WINDSTAR 3.8REPLACED STARTER.SPARK PLUGS AND WIRES 'INGION COIL PACK SPEED CONTROL.CABLE no cluster on panel

20

Having the same problem with a 1998 Taurus I got donated to me The theft light blinks rapidly The key I have turns the ignition I can work the radio ac but won't turn the motor all you hear it a vibrate sound Re Programming the key will help ???! Thank you !!!!!!!!

20

I have 2004 ford Taurus will not start. change starter, check battery is good. jump start still wont start. change sensor check ground wire. help runnibg out of options help.

10

simply get out of the car.. unlock it with your electronic key, lock it again with your electronic key, unlock again with electronic key, get in the car.. and start the car. Thats it..

I need help I got a 2000 taurus it won't start it's try's to start but it won't idk if I need a new fuse box changed the relays tho good battery and starter is good any help on trying to start and theft blinks on and off could it be the key?? Help

I need a number someone to speak too please about taurus 2002 drove it from auction an now won't start an alarm on ?,