2017 Honda CRV Windows Roll Down on their Own

Asked by Jul 27, 2017 at 08:10 PM about the 2017 Honda CR-V EX

I came out to find all of my the windows on my
brand new 2017 Honda CR-V rolled down!  Does
anyone have any idea why or what can be done to
keep this from happening?

155

I had the same problem. I'm told if you hold down the unlock button down on the key fob this can happen but I don't recall doing this. I'm calling Honda today

100

My 2017 crv just did this tonight. I came back to the car and found all 4 Window rolled down half way. All 4 perfectly lined up. Does anyone have any solution or reason why it did this?

155

Hey Ted, I think I accidentally sat on mine and that's how it happened. If you hold the unlock button there's vent feature that rolls all four windows down and cracks the sun roof (if present). I now place my keys on the table or hang them up at night so there's no way this will happen again.

80

We have had a 2017 CRV for about four months. Recently, my wife went to Disneyland and when she returned to the car that evening, all four windows were down. Again, when we went out to go to work this morning, all four windows were down. Reading the above answers, she went out and yes, holding down the unlock button lowers the windows, but we did not do that last night. Could someone else's key fob to that?

40

This has happened to me at least 10 times I took it to the dealer of course they said nothing was wrong. I made them document my appointment because I feel there is something causing this. Either my car will be stolen or soaked !! My next step is to contact Honda directly. We owners need to ban together on this issue

30

If you push the unlock once and then push and hold it down it will open all the windows. This can happen accidentally if the key fob is in your pocket, it happened to me. I am going to inquire if this can be turned off but I doubt it, and it doesn’t just happen with Honda’s

30

Yes this happened to me last night. I was holding my unlocked longer accidently because too many things in my hand. I freaked out. But I tried it again and it did it.

40

This morning all windows on my 2017 Honda CRV were all the way down and the sunroof was also totally open. Luckily no rain last night. I am aware of the vent feature were after pushing the unlock twice the windows and sunroof will crack open a little. This was not it. The fob was not near me so an accidental operation was impossible. Will contact my Honda dealer and hope they have a solution. Anybody have a solution or had Honda comment on this problem.

50

Happened to me last night. Tried to replicate with lock button as described above nothing happened?? Called Honda she had heard of it once before but no answers they will look at it......

40

My 2018 Honda CRV did this last week while in my garage and then again tonight during a pouring rainstorm. I came out to find all 4 windows open and sunroof open and the inside of my new car soaked! I had not used my key at all; it was inside my purse both times. After drying out the car the best that I could and putting it back in my garage, I did get out the key and mashed and held the unlock button and all the windows opened again. I have since placed my key into a hard plastic box where nothing can press on the key and hopefully this will never happen again. Honda needs to warn people of this problem when a vehicle is purchased from them. My car will remain parked until the rainy weather passes before I drive it again.

20

This happened to me too tonight. Don't use the key fob just the lock button on the door handle. Came out of my hair appt to find all windows down and car soaked. Contacting Honda.

30

Unfortunately we have the same issue , came home at night ,locked up the car and put the keys on the hall stand but discovered our lovely car full of water in the morning after a very wet stormy night. Windows and sun roof wide open.Took it into our dealer to be told theres nothing wrong. Can't get it to happen again with holding down the lock button and scared to leave it unattended in case it happens again. Back to dealer also NOT HAPPY!

10

This happened to me today, I was told by a colleague that the car alarm was going off and the windows were down. He also said that it was strange as we both arrived at same time and they were closed earlier. I was not near enough for the key fob to remotely trigger the car to open. Very strange!

50

How do you roll them all back up at the same time? I don't like this feature at all.

20

Have been having the same problem with my 2018 CRV. Dealer, of course, "has never heard of this!" Nonetheless, they did suggest using only one fob at a time. After several weeks, it was clear that one of the fobs was defective and causing the problems. Now trying to get them to replace the fob under warranty. Pathetic that Honda does not address this problem and even worse that dealer service people blatantly make everyone feel like it has never happened before.

2017 CRV here have had it one year and the windows have all been opened when I returned to the car a few times

20

Just came out from work to find my 2017 Honda CRV completely soaked, as the windows were down and the sunroof was open during a storm. I appreciate this forum, as I could not understand how it happened. I am contacting the dealership and will do the same with Honda . This is not my first concern with several of the features of the car.

50

Is there a way to roll them all up from the key fob? Manual says hit unlock and then hold down for 10 seconds but does not work.

BTW ......For the time being I did the lock feature in the car which stays on if the car is turned on and off and hopefully will stop this problem until I get answers...

10

Maybe try disabling this feature (allowing the windows from being let down my the key) in your settings and then it may not happen on its own?

10

Are you able to go into the settings and turn this feature "off"?

20

No, there is no way to disable the feature, according to the dealer

2017 Honda CRV here - last week my sister drove by and all my windows were down - not the sun roof though. Today I wake up and all 4 windows and sunroom open. . . so weird calling dealer on this. . .

10

This happened to 3 times on my Honda Accord 2017. Once it was raining. Even sun roof wide open. The fob when in your pocket and gets squezzed the windows open. I complained to dealer and honda about this but no avail. They should have a disable feature. I just bought a crv 2017 and thought they disabled this useless feature. I guess i need to get up in middle of night to see if windows are open. Sucks.Honda fix this and make it a recall.