do you have to replace all four tires at once on a 1995 jeep cherokee sport

20

Asked by Jun 04, 2014 at 02:05 PM about the 1995 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr Sport 4WD

15,825

I always run four with the same specs and condition. Some guys say as long as the two in front match each other and the two in back do likewise , then you're okay. Where I come from it is illegal to drive on a public road with mis-matched specs. If you need one only and the others are still real fine (kind of unlikely) you could do the one as long as you get a match to the other 3. --my opinion.

635

its fine but if you have 4wd it probably won't work. in order for 4wd to work the tires have to be pretty much the same height. if i recall right the tolerance on a jeep is like 3/32 of an inch.

83,175

Is it a Quadradrive or a true 4WD?

20

It is a true 4WD.

83,175

OK so you can select 4WD high to low to 2WD, great then you don't have to replace all 4 at once but all of the tires should be within like Nick stated 3/32 of each other. If you have ruined a tire then try looking for a used one around the same amount of tread but you don't have to buy new.

20

Thank you all for your help.

15,825

@tennisshoes - dandyoun said he'd help a guy out with codes if the guy got back to him. This is from a while back, but the guy just posted his codes and dandy hasn't been on the site for a couple of days. I don't know how to answer ( it was a question dandy & I were both jumping in on helping with) ........The guy posted codes...P2196 and P2198.......those don't match anything I have references for. Do they mean anything to you?

15,825

you are welcome

83,175

P2196 O2 sensor bank 1 sensor stuck rich. P2198 O2sensor bank 2 sensor 1stuck rich. So it could be a fuel pressure problem or a leaking injectors problem, or the O2 heat is gone as it relates to both sensors. Hope this helped.

15,825

Thanks. I want to get back to you later though because that code configuration doesn't match with the way I've seen codes written. You telling me that different ways to get codes then? I'll be back.

83,175

The P told me it was an OBD 2 system but as I didn't get the year make or model I had to go generic on the codes.

15,825

Thanks again and I still gotta wrap my head around going from OBDI Dots & Dashes to my Caddy's three digit codes to PO1,P02 plus 3 digits and now 4 digits. ;[ (never too old to learn; they say!----Who are THEY. :)

83,175

After the craziness of the early 80's nightmares in engine controls I don't think it can get worse just more detailed in the systems that are going to be computer controlled, and of course the addage of " not if it will fail but when it will fail" will be more and more a common place occurrence. AAAAHHHH

15,825

Still waiting for the evening news to show the mess caused by one of the new ones trying to park itself while going down the highway,Computer glitches drop planes out of the sky,screw up my bank machine and TV converter, and cars too