A/C Shut Off

Asked by Jul 12, 2015 at 07:25 AM about the 1998 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr Sport

any idea why my a/c works when I start the jeep it runs for a while but once it gets warm it shuts down the ac till its cooled off again

18,550

Does the A.C system shut off and stops working or still works but no cold air ?

no cold air not sure if the compressor shuts down or not ill check that this afternoon and get back to here

the compressor kicks on when it wants do I checked the under hood fuse it was fine as I suspected the relay clicks but I was very warm when I checked it and I checked the pressure in the system it was way over full it had my pressure gauge maxed out

18,550

Ok sounds like you have a clogged orifice tube filter this filter is inside of the high side of your A.C system this is the small line. Somewhere along that line is a disconnect that takes a special tool to separate line. Once line is separated you will need a pair of needle nose pliers to reach inside line and remove filter.

it separates right next to the Condenser don't leave much space for a filter not more than a inch or two unless im looking in the wrong place if it would be helpful I can add a photo