Interior light malfunction?

25

Asked by Aug 16, 2008 at 02:35 PM about the 2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD

Sometimes, when my car is parked, the interior lights will go on, then go off, at random intervals.  It also happens when I am driving.  Although it happens occasionally during the day, I mostly notice it at night when it is dark.  I got it checked out at the garage, but they couldn't find anything wrong with it.  Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone have any idea why it could be happening?

105

Probably it's something wrong in the doors opening device if your car have it installed. This is because the interior lights are connected with the locks of the car and a malfunction may switch on or off the interior light like you are pressing the button on the unlock button for enter in your car and the light turn on or inverse. So I suggest you to check the lock/unlock system of your car. If your vehicule doesn't have it or if this is not the problem, another solution is to check the wiring of the light that may have a bad contact in some partfor example in a switch, a cable joint or maybe a cable is peeled and produce this interruption.

35

Have your been slammed closed a lot. because i have the same problem and the door switches that control the lights are some what weak. they don't like when the doors slam shut i have not replace mine yet because i just pulled the fuse for the door switch cause i usually have my doors off in the summer.

25

Thanks, that might be it. Do you know if this problem might wear down the battery? And if you know approximately how much it might cost to get those switches replaced (if this is indeed the problem). Thanks!

35

i have never had a problem with it wearing down my battery, but like i said it only affects me in the winter. i never looked i could and let you know if you want

25

Sure, if you can find out and it's not too much trouble, that would be great. I don't know how I would disconnect it either. Thanks so much!