how to remove stereo

georgino_no1
0

Asked by Nov 17, 2006 at 04:48 PM about the 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX

Where can I find some photos or documentation how to remove dashboard and car stereo?
I would like to install some kind of AUX device to interface with my mp3 and i-pod.
Also I need access to antenna from factory radio.
Any idea?

15,985

Hello, Here are a couple of links from people who have done similar things to their Accords: http://www.beaufordbuddy.com/ipod_install_1.htm http://wam.umd.edu/~alukyane/HondaAudioInstall/index.html I hope this helps! CarGrrl

acmexx
175

If you have any H h gregs in the area, try the radio install team and see if they will tell you. acmexman

boyblue84
735

i'm not exactly sure but here is a great site that can probably answer your question hope this helps www.installdr.com

18TandSVT
4,635

Go to Best Buy or Circuit City and tell them that you need to have an RF Modulator installed. Should cost you less than $100 (parts and labor) and saves a lot of frustration.

Guille
0

Thanks for the page, It worked !!!!Both sites were very helpful

darbydog
0

Great links! I have a 2005 as well and those were very helpful. My friend has a 2007 Accord, and just for an FYI - on the 2005, the plug i needed was on the BOTTOM. On the 2007, Honda moved it to the BACK of the radio. If you have smaller hands you can still reach it without removing the entire radio but its a little extra work. I saw Georgino mentioned connecting an iPod. Thats what i did (from www.ipodcarpros.com) and i am able to have my iPod text on the radio w/o losing my XM radio - which is very cool. My friend and i bought adapters together and his radio doesnt have XM capabilities, but they also had one for him too. Just in case anyone is wondering, we purchased: http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_info.php?products_id=148 AND http://www.mp3carpros.com/product_info.php?products_id=68 Best part is, the idiots at best buy tried to sell me an FM transmitter bc there wasn't anything for my car! Ha!

saselilsis
0

Thanks for the tip, this worked like a charm!

tsjotime
0

To get the lights for existing heating, A/C and stereo/clock to illuminate, purchase a reverse (male) harness (Metra 71-1721) through sonicelectronix.com for $12, and plug it into the back of the factory stereo and wire to correct illumination wires for the climate control buttons on the dash. Rather than dismantling the dashboard again after I installed my new car stereo myself, I took my car to to Best Buy, where they wired it for $21 including tax. Works great. It was not real safe to operate the vehicle at night, while trying to adjust heating and A/C until I did this. Hope this is helpful to fellow do-it-your-selfers! On a different note, I was also told by the guys at Best Buy that Metra now has a dash kit that allows new stereos to be installed higher in the dash, where the factory stereo was mounted, which improves the line of site to the new stereo. Metra still makes the older dash kit that mounts the stereo unit closer to console for the shifter knob of the vehicle. The only downside is that it costs approx. $300. I had already purchased and installed the older kit from Metra, so my new stereo is mounted low and closer to the shifter console. I think it is just fine mounted at the lower location, especially since the clock in my factory stereo now serves as my clock, and I use the display of my new stereo exclusively to display the radio station/CD track information.