1995 Isuzu Pickup Engine Temp Sending Unit

325

Asked by May 15, 2013 at 03:26 PM about the 1995 Isuzu Pickup 2 Dr S Standard Cab LB

Quick question on my 2.3l '95 isuzu pickup: I believe I have a bum coolant temp sending unit, as my engine temp gauge refuses to rise. When swapping it out, is it as simple as unscrewing the old one and installing the new? Anything I should look out for, such as coolant spilling out, or should I be ok as long as the swap is performed swiftly?

You're gonna want to find a place to drain the coolant safely into gallon milk jugs for example...your neighbor's driveway (lol) but is important that there is no spillage because etylene glycol is poisonous and birds drink it and die...inspiration to want to use the less effective propylene glycol, that you'll find in "wonka" candies for example...completely safe...but no excuse for being irresponsible for your old coolant....take it to the auto parts store for recycling...they are pretty good about this- - Yes henry, kinda wonderin' how you found out that these need changing, now? simple swap...if you're using good wrenches (not chinese)----good luck, my friend~

...as I recall the Isuzu has a formidible diagnostic mode what led me to replace the 02 sensor on MY Isuzu Impulse...it was on the manifold, and when I removed it 'twas merely a stub left of this platinum sensor...still made with the signal though...but weak...bought a ridiculous slice up the side socket especially made for the job, like a fashionable woman's skirt...and that bugger was worthless...just break out the vice-grips here, we aren't going to Sunday dinner with that~

interesting that Tom D. is the ONLY expert listed for your vehicle.~

325

I posted on an isuzu forum and was told the sending unit was likely the culprit. At only $15, I figured why not replace and see if that does the trick? If not, well then, I have a brand new part replacing something likely to fail in a very old truck.

325

thanks for the heads up on the coolant. I should probably change it anyway.

My pleasure, buddy~