acts like it wants to stall/ jerks at stop

Asked by Mar 04, 2015 at 02:44 AM about the 1999 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

I read all the post about the 1999 Contour about wanting to stall/jerks at stop lights. My
car has never overheated. Do you think it may be the spark plugs?

25

I'm having the same issue with my 95 Contour. I just replaced the air filter and it helped a little but still there is a slight jerking while accelerating. I'm going to do an oil change tonight and put some trans- x in the transmission. I'll let you know if it helps. If not I'm going to do spark plugs and wires next. If that doesn't work I'm going to test the ignition coil (coil pack) to see if it's bad, as well as check the fuel pump. I'll get back to you on all this.