I have a 1999 Ford Contour. It's been one month already that it doesn't want to start. I was driving down the freeway and my lights turn off, the needles weren't marking anymore, but the car was still running. A few miles ahead, my car started chugging and went dead on me. We gave it cables, it turned on, then it went off again. This happened several times, so we just pulled with another car home. The next morning it turned on, but then on the middle of the road, it turned off and wouldn't cut back on anymore. I bought a new battery, but that didn't help. Everything else turns on, the lights, the radio, everything, except the engine. I really need my car to start working! Please help! I hope I explained myself thoroughly!

Asked by Mar 22, 2012 at 03:51 PM about the 1999 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

495

Sounds like a bad connection...Or a bad battery cable...