Engine cutting out

Asked by Apr 05, 2009 at 01:02 AM about the 1999 Ford Contour 4 Dr SE Sedan

Hi Billy i'v bin searching for somebody to explain to me what the f... is going on with my car'
99 Contour SE Sport V6 95000 miles my car has bin cutting out for the last 5 years and no one can figure out what is going on not even mechanics.
I replaced EGR valve,new tune up,new coil,took off intake manifold and cleaned it, changed all gaskets,replaced catalytic converter,fuel filter,O2 sensors and many other things i can't even keep track any more,until i stumbled up on your comment.
And i was thinking about the injectors or fuel pump.The car was babied from day one with synthetic and all the goodies and still has plenty of power but now i can't get any power.Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50

We went through about the same thing for three years, with none of the mechanics around here being able to help us either. I finally fixed it myself. I wrote a little story on how I managed to do it. The story can be found at the link below: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6108428/the_ford_contour_is_the_worst_car_ive.html?cat=27

check for vac leaks,have the timeing checked,as i have said before the contour was not the car that ford expected it to be,they had problems from the start and ford did nothing to fix it.