fuel problems

Asked by Feb 14, 2016 at 11:55 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet C/K 1500 Cheyenne Standard Cab SB

Hey am having  trouble  to start  my truck after a
replace the fuel pump. The injectors  aren't getting
no gas. Then I change  the fuel filter and the same  
problem  keeps Happening .. I want  to know  what  
happens  if I connect the  return gas fuel line to
The other line.and the line that feats g as to the  
injectors?  And something else when I open the
switch in the gas level meter it marks  me that  is
empty and the I close th switch it tells  me that
level  of the gas.

98,495

If your not getting any fuel to the injectors and you have a new fuel,pump you need to check voltage and grounds to the pump, if you have battery power and a good ground then your pump is no good, if no power then check the fuel pump relay and the wiring from relay to pump. The gauge problem sounds like a bad sender in the tank, if you disconnect the sender does the fuel gauge go way past the full mark if so it is the sender, if not then it is usuall a gauge. Do not connect the return line to the pressure side, if and when you do get fuel pressure you could ruin the fuel pressure regulator and cause more problems.

20

Mr. Tennisshoe is correct and make sure that u pluged the fuel pump back in all the way and check your ground. Your fuel relay is in the fuse panal underneath the hood if all that is good try your fuel reset button

Mr.tennisshoe and what could I do to solve the bad ground problem? And were is the sender on the tank..

98,495

The sender is the same part that you removed when you replace the fuel pump, it has the float attached to an arm that is attached to the sender itself. The ground wire for the fuel pump is the black one at connector and it runs to the frame, just measure the ohms from the end of the wire to the frame, that will tell you if the circuit is open or just dirty, so you can either clean the connections or replace and solder and heat shrink in a new wire, you should also check the connector itself as these have been know to fail internally.

170

I'm still betting on a faulty ground somewhere in, or to, your instrument cluster instead of to the fuel pump. To find all the possibilities where a bad ground connection might be, your best bet is to get a wiring diagram for your truck. Chilton's or Haynes manual for all 1988 thru 1998 Chevrolet & GMC trucks.