2000 infinity i30 power steering noisy

Asked by Jan 02, 2014 at 10:34 PM about the 2000 INFINITI I30 FWD

My mechanic replaced our leaking high pressure hose. We immediately noticed a loud
whining sound when turning the steering wheel. This noise was not there before the hose
was replaced. From what he told me I feel they bled the system correctly. What could still
be wrong to make this noise from changing out the H/P hose?

1,465

your pump or its piston seals may be bad or have gone bad. you may not have noticed it before because it had no pressure behind it with the burst hose, OR the burst hose allowed the seals/rings to dry out.

Thanks for you reply. I guess that is possible. Someone suggested cleaning/replacing the PS reservoir, due to a possible dirty screen but don't see how that would just start after the PS hose was replaced. Just have to save up to replace the pump. Our Infinity service department charges $109 an hour an there the only ones I really trust to fix. Thanks again. Barry