Fuel injectors

Asked by Mar 09, 2016 at 08:43 AM about the 1986 Chevrolet Chevy Van 3 Dr G10 Cargo Van Extended

Only 1 injector sprats the other injector works
when we swap connection.  We have 10 volts
across wires..y wont it open at idle  or full throttle ?

your fuel pressure regulator might be buggered up~

Is there a way to test that? Would it cause one side to not spray? Also are they supposed to spray at the same time

well my guess is with insufficient pressure...one of them will be "loose" more so then the others...as you know the pressure should be around 50 PSI if you've a pressure gauge at the fuel rail ...actually not sure of the specifications on your van...but you're right 10 volts seems a little low~ could you check the battery to make sure that it is fairly new...ten years and they stop taking a charge...but should be Strong with 12-12.5 volts on hand...why 10 volts occurs is something I still am scratching my head over~ weak battery is the only thing that I can come up with~

Mine is a tbi with only 2 injectors. Cant find info that says if both spray. Right now only one does

ok, I'm confused...couldn't possibly be as bad as a jetronic..with the re-defuelator and 72 parts of excellence~ but two throttle body injectors...possible additive function...so that is enabled only when you "give it the gas"...that would make sense~ thanks for stickin' with me...is an education for me too~