What would cause a stall after start up on a frigid day? It started back up without stalling again

Asked by Jan 03, 2008 at 07:08 AM about the 1997 Honda Prelude 2 Dr STD Coupe

The temp was about 10`F.  It stalled after a few seconds at idle.  I started it back up again, and it ran like normal.

Could be simply the throttle was sticky from the cold, and shut off. We have the same problem with diesel cranes at work in the morning when it's very cold. If you have no further issues with it, I would suspect just a stuck throttle.

might be a long shot but what about moisture in the fuel system? does it happen all the time?

No, just once. I've put only about 9k mi. on the car. But I've owned it for a little more than 3 years, so the plug wires might be a bit brittle. It sure doesn't miss. That's for sure. This thing just loves the high rpm's I keep premium fuel in the tank, and it also stays in the garage. It's only outside while I'm at work. It's had a recent oil change, and the air filter is clean. I'm going to have the ignition wires and spark plugs replaced and see if that does any good. Thanks to you and Littlehorn for your input.