1987 Dodge Raider?

Asked by Feb 23, 2017 at 08:43 PM about the 1987 Dodge Raider 4WD

Looking for help. My Raider has I4, 5 speed manual
transmission. I want to put in an automatic transmission.
Do I need to also change the transfer case too?

37,005

Why? I would advise against making that swap, you get better gas mileage with the manual,

37,005

If you really want to do that, try www.pirate4x4.com, I see Raiders/Monteros pop up there time to time. As I read it, the transfer case uses the same 23 spline 6 bolt t-case between the 4-speed auto and 5-speed manual. But you should really think this through, most people badly want to swap the autos for the manuals.

I just bought a 88 Raider. It originally had a 5sp, guy took that and has a automatic sitting in the back to install. Is that Mt cable driven or hydraulic with slave/master cylinder??? I drive many highway miles. Which is my better choice??