Is there a plug in trailer harness for it? I have a 4 pin factory plug with a dummy cap, in the spare tire well.

15

Asked by philkarr Oct 13, 2010 at 09:54 PM about the 2005 Honda Element EX AWD

I have installed a CURT hitch & I need to hook up a 4 pin trailer plug to it. I have a 4 pin factory plug with a dummy cap on it in the spare tire well. I was told that you need to splice the leads into the harness. no plug-in T connecter it listed for the 05 & 06 but there is for all other years. Why can't I use the plug?  

1,635

you might need to order a honda accessory trailer harness to hook into that

255

I recommend you perform an internet search. The Honda Element is not a straightforward add on for trailer lights. For some you have to remove the driver's side rear paneling and either find a plug in there, or wire in. I bought my kit online and took it to a U-Haul store and paid a minimal price to have it installed (after my husband cussed it for several hours). It was worth the price for both of our peace of mind(s).

175

Absolutely! There is a 4 way connector for the trailer. Just plugs in at the rear. It requires some Yoga on your part. There is a module that plugs in under the dashboard, driver's side. Double sided tape, Easy Breezy. Like pluging in a cable box. No real way to mess it up!