Can someone tell me what this hose is called?

80

Asked by Apr 10, 2015 at 02:15 PM about the 2001 Ford Focus ZTS

I need to get this exact hose and replace the incorrect hose that is on my car currently that a dealership rigged up...can someone tell me what hose this is? I believe it hooks up to the fuel rail system

68,695

Looks like a fuel pressure regulator hose. HTH. -Jim

Agreed. It does.

I blew it up a bit, and if the end goes through firewall, and comes from front of engine near thermostat then it's a heater hose.

80

The current hose that needs replaced has fuel going through it. It has been replaced several times but everytime the wrong hose has been put on and is leaking. So the first time I purchased the car it has a hose on it like the image but has been rigged since and the metal piece was altered and shaved down with a file by a mechanic and no longer is useful since it to causes leaks since it was shaved down.

Wow a Dealer doing a redneck 'file it 'till it fits' ...not acceptable

Please, Please be careful. Fuel leaks = fire.

68,695

Good catch Fordnut, wasn't thinking of a heater control valve. -Jim

.

80

Fordnut...i used this image from the internet...i can find a similar one...

80

heres a different image i found

39,965

If possible, can you post the number on the metal diaphragm? May be able to trace the part down and figure out exactly what it is.

http://forums.focaljet.com/showthread.php/387625-Fuel-Pressure-Regulator!!! -- The Focus does not have a fuel pressure regulator. It is a returnless system that uses the cycling of the fuel pump on and off to control fuel pressure. The "silver UFO thingie" is an accumulator to aid in smoothing the pulses of the pump out. .... Cant figure out y they had to put on so much extra hose tho......

39,965

Nice find! I looked for about an hour trying to make out that number on the UFO.....kept punching random part numbers into Google. Finally gave in.

It's been driving me nuts, got near obsessed!

And Thanks for the good word. I hoped somebody would see it

80

I will take a picture of the silver Ufo thing I have from when it was filed down tomorrow and post it. Thank you all for your help.

Please do. I would really like to see that. Bottom line, to your original question, that hose is a fuel line. Jim, Reelin68, and myself threw everything we had in to this and I looked at a dozen Focus Zetec engines that have that, and I finally found a thread that explains what it is. Do me a favor please, and click 'Best Answer" on Reelin68's answer that says "Nice Find" and it is a compliment to both of us.

39,965

Thanks Fordnut! The credit should go to you. You stuck it out till the end and found the correct answer. I threw in the towel after an hour.

80

Top

80

Under

First, I could find nothing from those numbers. But that doesn't matter. It's right, every picture of a Zetec has it, nothing missing, no vacuum hose or anything goes to it -- even all have the same loop in fuel line. It calls for a 5/16" ID line, and for the life of me I can't imagine why he would file it like that. Unless he tried to use a ΒΌ" hose and couldn't get it on the nipple.

But I confirmed that elsewhere, "Ford Focus Zetec fuel pulse damper" search showed me this

5,245

How about just looking for another 2001 Ford Focus ZTS and look at the hose on it? Take a couple of good pictures and go to a different Ford dealer or one of the big intrnet supply house like RockAuto with the picture and ask them to match it.

30

It's called a "Fuel Pipe". I know really descriptive. It took me about four hours to find it. Here's the Ford part number: YS4Z-9J280-FA. As far as I can tell, it is only available online or from a dealership. I called a couple different auto part stores and they weren't able to cross-reference it.

10

the original hose says not repairable and has a plastic sleeve inside the hose. can the hose be removed replaced with a regular fuel hose. and use clamps on each end?

40

Looked everywhere! Went to the Ford dealer....they had no idea, finally found a diagram, they said they had 1 for a dual overhead cam ($250!) and they no longer made the single overhead cam- didn't know which my car needed either. Probably why the dealer fudged something in a previous comment ^^. I will try some of the posted suggestions.

Tiffany thank you very much. I was going crazy trying to find this part myself