1989 geo or sidekick?

Asked by Sep 01, 2016 at 02:32 PM about the 1989 Geo Tracker 2 Dr STD 4WD Convertible

I bought a 1989 geo tracker. Later on i notice the
title says Suzuki sidekick. I feel like ive been played
for an idiot. I start looking for serial numbers and
their is only one left on the vehicle. Theirs several
Suzuki parts on it and geo parts also. Is this a
normal thing? Does this make the car harder to fix
or resale? Is it legal to sale a vehicle like this?

242,255

On the driver side, lower bottom of the windshield should be the VIN, the it in here...http://www.vindecoder.net

242,255

The Geo was basically a Sidekick that was imported to the US and they called it a tracker ,so the parts are interchangeable. Sounds like someone couldn't find specific parts to one model or another and improvised.

Thats kinda what i had thought at one point. Does this make the vehicles value decrease any? Or should it seem strange that this vehicle is a geo tracker and has a suzuki sidekick title. Im just wondering if i have the right title for the vehicle i have. The vin actually doesnt look original either is the main thing that has me concerned.