smell fuel/ rough idle

Asked by Oct 21, 2016 at 05:48 PM about the 1994 GMC Safari 3 Dr STD Passenger Van

my van has a rough idle and it smells like gas with no visible fuel leaks I did replace the fuel pump 4 months ago it is a spider injection with the aluminum intake

310

If you have a chk.engine or service engine soon light on ,tale it to a parts store such as Autzone or Advance and have them scan for codes (they do it for free ) being the spider the injector hoses that contain the injector poppits get brittle amd Crack causing a leak of fuel inside injector housing /plenum . Which will caused rough running and a raw fuel smell without seeing a puddle or external evidence of a leak . It can be a very dangerous situation amd I suggest having it checked out by a professional to be on the safe side . Note you can change one injector tube but I suggest replacing all of them or you will doing it again soon than you care to .

is the injector tube you speak of a box looking thing with fuel lines running off of it that cost in the range of 200.00