Is US Escape identical to European Maverick?

Asked by Jul 31, 2011 at 11:18 AM about the 2001 Ford Escape XLT 4WD

I have a 2001 Ford Maverick (UK registered). I now live in Spain and want to re-register it here. To do this I need left hand drive headlights and rear fog/reversing lights. These parts are almost impossible to find here so if Escape parts will fit I can buy them from RockAuto. Any advice gratefully received.
Mike B.

I have no idea,never heard of a 01 Maverick,at least not here in the US.

Which is why I said it was a European, UK registered car.

1,255

Just googled some pictures of a Maverick, sure looks identical to me, at least the 2001's anyways.

1,255

This is the Escape, picture above is the Maverick.

well they look like the same vehicle so i would say yes.

Many thanks for your help

I have a 2002 maverick RHD in France which I bought over from the UK. It's the same as a Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute/Mercury Mariner Pretty much all of the hard to find parts can be sourced from the US - I bought a silencer for $120 plus tax and shipping which worked out at around 250 euros all in. Ford UK who were the only other people to offer it wanted £400. Headlights however are a real problem, I fitted a set of US lights and it failed it's CT (French MOT) as the beam levels are different and there is no provision for the sidelight within the unit. I'm still trying to locate a set of LHD euro spec headlights for my car and have been trying for weeks now. The main Ford dealer will probably be able to source them but you wont have much money left after you've bought them.

Thanks for your reply. In the end I bought Escape headlights from Rockauto.com in the US for about GBP25 each (plus shipping) (still pretty good I thought). The rear and fog were cobbled together and just wired across the back of the car. All this was enough to pass the Spanish ITV (MoT), but the inspection is not the most rigorous! The only LHD euro spec lights I found were on ebay from Germany for getting on for €800 !!! Good luck