I have a 2014 Ford Focus SE Sedan the front windshiel looks distorted if you loo towards the passenger or the lower part of the windshield. Has anyone has that problem?

Asked by Jan 19, 2015 at 05:21 PM about the 2014 Ford Focus SE

I just purchased my car and I am having a hard time getting use to the front windshield. It looks distorted towards the bottom of the windshield. If you look out looking towards passenger window looks like the scenery is curving in.

I had the same problem on my 2014 focus se. The distortion made me sick and not only that, my wipers did not contact the windshield properly leaving streeks, driving during a rainy night with oncomming traffic was horrible. Ford told me that it was within their spec, I replaced my windshield with a PGW windshield and that cured all my problems. My dealer Glen Oak Ford based in Victoria eventually paid for the windshield to be replaced. Just get your windshield changed. please watch this video explaining the defect http://youtu.be/8Xylys7FYZc Cheers, Eric

I have a 2014 Ford Focus and my windshield cracked sitting at a light. The crack is the same length as the heater vent no sight of rock hitting it .

I have a new 2016 Focus same issue I took it back to the dealer and filed a complaint with Ford Ca nada. The dealer is not very helpful - they referred me to the general manager who was not there. I called customer service at Ford who opened a complaint and gave me a case number. I have only had the car less than a week. Ford said they will send the information I submitted to their engineering division. The dealer has offered to take it back as a trade in and want me to take about $4000. Less than I paid for it less than a week ago. I told them I am not trading it in, rather, I would like to return it and buy a better model Ford Escape from them. Anyway, I will see there general manager tomorrow at Campbell Ford in Ottawa. If he can't make me a better offer. I will call ford directly again and see what they say. I have the information ftom Consumer Affairs Canada and Ontario and will contact them and open a complaint with them as well. I am also cosidering starting an awareness group to bring the windshield distortion on the Ford Focus to the attention of any media that report on this sort of issue. The bottom inch more or less of the windshield bends the image of whatever you are looking and moves the image from the right passenger side across to the middle of the window while you are driving this is really a distraction. Even when the car is not moving it can be seen quite easily no matter which side of the car you are in. I checked another 2016 Ford Focus and it has the exact same distoration issue as well. I bought the hatchback model and an associate's 2016 Ford Focus is the sedan model and they both have the exact same issue. I have owned numerous Ford Focus models before and none of them had this issue.