Tranny's? Any good noises when it comes from the tranny? Aluminum cans crushing?

25

Asked by Nov 13, 2014 at 01:02 PM about the 2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Ford is telling consumers the Aluminum can crushing noises from the Automatics are Normal, and we have to get used to it! SERIOUSLY!!...read on.  If you can help me, please respond. Thank you for your time.

VIN: 1FADP3N29EL176646. Bought New Focus Titanium from James Ford in Half Moon Bay.  The car is a LEMON!  RUN RUN RUN away.  Fiesta is Experiencing same NEW problems as Focus, because they share the same transmission, a Selectronic, it has a mind of its own and when you press on the gas pedal, you hear the transmission trying to engage, flutter ands gets confused,  Seriously, it sounds like aluminum cans crushing.  Ford is claiming these NEW Selectronic automatic transmission are like this with these noises and we the consumer have to get used to it.

I test drove an Automatic transmission, it was an SE, and I liked it.  I purchased a New Focus, but the salesman said he had a Titanium Automatic, he did not disclose it was a selectronic, he lied, he did not disclose this at all, I honestly thought I was getting an regular automatic like the one I test drove and liked.   Immediately after driving off the lot I had these problems. I informed everybody, and the dealer said you are on your own, and refuses to even talk to me about this LEMON.  I ended up taking it in to Napa Ford to get the tranny repaired, at 400 miles (incident # 1), again at 17,669 (incident # 2), again at 19,500 (incident # 3), again at 20,500 (incident # 4), Incidents # 5 & 6 are forthcoming I am sure.  My wife hates the car and says if Ford is taking this attitude about these aluminum can crushing being NORMAL, she does not want to drive or even be a passenger, its that bad. I am being told if I drive more aggressive, faster, the tranny issues are lessened, I have to drive faster?  It happens at any slow speed, and gives you no confidence on when it will shift, or if it will shift properly, but the NOISES are permanent.  I have tried different speeds, so far nothing has worked at all, cause it gets confused.  We have no faith in the car, and now the car is NOT any fun at all, its too dangerous to try and hope the tranny will shift correctly this time, cause its a crap shoot.  www.carcomplaints.com.  
The dealer; told me to go to hell, and refused to help me at all.  Its a brand new car!  WHY won't you help me?  I'm on my own.
Napa Ford Service: Good guys, There ARE service bulletins they have on what to actually fix.  I have gone thru 3 and will again last week in Nov 24th.  The Last One!
Each time takes my car in their shop for 10 days each, Also, it is Not covered under warranty, so I have to pay for rent-a-cars out of pocket myself.
Budget rent a car said: Focus's and Fiesta's are having issues for sure.
Ford Customer Relations: 800-392-3673, file a report! (make sure you get a CASE # like we did)
Ford is saying this noise is NORMAL!  I thought any noises that come from the transmission are bad!  SERIOUSLY, TRUST ME, THEY ARE BAD!  Why would I enjoy driving a car that sounds like aluminum cans are crushing.  One service guy said if he turns up the radio, he can't here the aluminum cans crushing.  WOW!  
NOTE: I NEVER BOUGHT A BRAND NEW CAR THAT HAD THESE BAD NOISES BEFORE, AND THE DEALER SAYING ITS NORMAL.  THIS IS WRONG!
Please help, Any help is appreciated.

25

Forget calling Ford Customer Relationship Center, they are liars too, I waited 2 months just to get a response back, the response back is you are an idiot, and this IS normal? You the consumer are wrong! Deal with it! We need to teach you how this tranny is supposed to work. Seriously? I asked Ford to Buy-back the car, because it does not pass MY standards for safety for me and my family, it is that bad. I waited 2 more months, I got no calls or emails back, then I got a Fed ex’d Form Letter, "DO NOT QUALIFY LETTER - rev 05/07/2010". it had NO DATE at the top, just my vin and a statement saying No and that I am wrong. YES, a form letter with my vin in it, dated 2010, and no date at the top, how many people have received this Form letter? Thousands! WE DON'T STAND A CHANCE, so I filed a lemon law law-suit. Actions speak louder than words, and Ford is telling us we are wrong in a form letter from 2010! Actual Form letter: Date: this letter is not dated Subj: My VIN To: Consumer Ford Motor Company appreciates your recent contact to the CRC. We have reviewed your concern and find it does not meet the eligibility requirements under California Lemon law. At this time, your file has been closed at Ford and no further action will be taken. If you have concerns or questions please contact (800) 392-3673. Form letter rev: 05/07/2010

25

When you take it in for service, Make Them write on it your work order / invoice Your Complaint. Do Not let them tell you it is Normal...I have never bought a car that had noises coming from it and is very dangerous. You will Not tell me what is safe and was is not.