i have a 1988 f 350 that the left side marker lights will not stay off

Asked by Sep 10, 2015 at 12:14 AM about the 1988 Ford F-350 XLT Lariat Standard Cab LB

i noticed that my left side fender marker lights were on i tried turning the light
switch on and off several times each time they would stay off about 1 minute
and then come on again 3 weeks ago i removed the hood to be repainted and
in the process i removed the under hood light because it was a mercury light
did this cause the problem with the lights

1,355

so the right side works normal. only affect's the left side markers how about the front or back marker light or clearance light? i would say no on the hood light affecting the marker