I got an rx7 fc 87 and my motor is not getting enough power. It starts and runs bit when I'm in 5th gear it only goes up to 60mph need help !

Asked by May 27, 2015 at 10:37 PM about the 1987 Mazda RX-7 GXL

If engine is not skipping,may be clogged fuel filter,but if it run,s weak,you may need to check plug,s and wire and the timming on the engine.

It back fires but timing has been done .

If it back fire,s,and timming is correct,and no skips in motor,you may need to check around the throttle body for loose or bad vacume line,s and may be check the intake gasket for leaks,

How about apex seals

I did the fuel filter, fuel pump, New injectors did the timing spark plugs with the coil packs and cables and I cleaned the Maf and throttle body

Doe,s motor run strong?

It runs and starts fine and idle good but just no power ,,,,, I'm thinking it's the motor

Have the compression checked on the engine,im thinking motor or the transmission may be bad.

Have you ever find out the problem im having exact problem with my 85