2014 CX-5 won't shut off

Asked by May 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM about the 2014 Mazda CX-5 Sport

Having the same issue.  Turn the car off--but it does not turn off.  (not putting
your foot on the brake and turning it off does not work)

Please report this to Mazda so they will address the issue.  Mazda told me
that they did not have any issues reported to them. (apparently other than
mine)

MazdaCustomerExperience@mazdausa.com

20

I have the same problem with my 2013 Mazda CX-5. If I disconnect the battery, the electronics will shut off, but if I try to restart the car, none of the electronics will turn off. I replaced the batteries in both the key fob's twice now, and I still get the same results, I also replaced the car battery before all of this thinking that was the problem.

30

The problem is with the gear shifter . There must be a sensor that tells it when its in park. If you move the shifter from left to right real fast a couple of times, it will shut off when you push the button.

40

My 2014 CX-5 is doing the same thing. First it was once in a while now it's constantly. I've had my battery run down so many times I bought a Mighty Max jumper for fear of being stranded. I live 50 miles from the nearest town. I have tried moving the shifter like Antonio mentioned above but sometimes nothing works. I just have to hope it will start next time I get in.

10

I have the exact same problem in our 2014 CX-5 Touring, is Mazda listening? This is a safety issue and should have recall status; thoughts anyone? Otherwise we love the vehicle but this problem needs resolution by Mazda

20

I have the same issue with my 2014 Mazda touring CX 5. What a pain!! I crank again, press the press the brake put it in drive shift back to park and if I'm lucky it shuts off. Today I've had to restart 9 times when it should have taken me 2. THERE SHOULD BE A RECALL!!!!!

20

We are having the same issue with our 2014 CX 5. Took the family into NYC the other night and parked at an outdoor valet lot. When we returned to the lot after dinner, the battery was dead. We were one of the last cars in the lot, but thankfully I had jumper cables and the parking attendant was able to use another person's car to jump start us. My co-worker has the same exact car/model year, he is having the same issue. When he took it to Compass Mazda in Middletown, NY, they refused to cover the repairs (even though he had the extended warranty). This car is primarily driven by my 17 year old daughter, and I am really worried she is going to be stranded with a dead battery as a result of this manufacturing flaw. No doubt there should be a recall on this issue.

30

I thought I was the only one I have a 2014 Mazda Cx5 touring and it is a consistent problem I go to press button to turn off and car stays ON...drives me crazy

20

Wrote to Mazda again and linked to this site. Hopefully, they will consider addressing this issue. Two weeks ago, it took 31 tries to shut off my car!

30

GuruZ14KS Holy Crap. Last week it was at least 7 tries. I had to put seatbelt back on move car from park to drive and back again before finally car shut off. People look at me and think I don't know how to turn my car off..

10

My wife has the knack for turning it off (better than me) she jiggles the gear shifter and releases it so it kind of slams into position this seems to work. Is there a Mazda forum where we can all write in or some consumer advocate group? Had to leave ir on a couple of times mot only does it deplete your battery but you can’t lock or alarm your car

I’m having same problems. 2014 Mazda CX-5. I have to turn the engine back on, put in reverse, put it back in park and try again. I turn off Bluetooth, all audio, and make sure all the doors are closed. Sometimes it takes up to 8 or 9 tries before the “accessories” in the car shut down.

20

It apparently is a sensor on the transmission. Took it to the dealer and had it replaced, $249. Seems to have fixed the issue.

Also have this issue with 2013 cx5 touring. Drove me crazy also... until now put in park and hit 3 bumps to the left. Works every time! NOT 2 bumps,... 3 is magic number. Good luck! Also reporting to Mazda Corp. Can everyone else do the same? Majority gets results!