a/c help

Asked by Jul 24, 2014 at 12:35 PM about the 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic LS Brougham

i had a/c work done new line or hoses and accumalator form some reason the compressor is not engaing

I think i would check freon,to make sure it has not leaked out,if freon is good,check your ac relay.

ok so freon would still leak out with all new hose ok how do i check the relay

Yes if not properly sealed new hose,s would leak,and the ac relay is under hood in fuse box,should be marked under lid which one it is.

ok i do a check also this is older car 1989 has fuses under dash so im have to call dealer or some i cant seem to find no info on internet i think ac relay may be under hood some wear but its no box at all

Box chevy ac relay usually on firewall,

On my 1992 Chevrolet Caprice there are two identical square relay switches on the passenger's side towards the back on wheel area. The relay switch on the left is the AC relay switch. There is also one inline fuse in that general location. I have looked everywhere for an underhood fuse/relay box and can't find one. Does anyone know where it is if there is one. My Haynes repair book says there is one, but I can't find it. I know where the inside one is, but not the underhood one. Please let me know.

DeAndre Jackson

So how do you work the relay once you find it ? I know it's 2 screws holding the relay in

DeAndre Jackson

Wire it I mean