Hi, I have a 1988 caprice classic. I am looking to raise the rear end and I need to be set straight on the best ways to do this. Is it Springs or shocks or both? adjustable or a possible lift kit?

Asked by Jul 19, 2013 at 09:22 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Caprice Classic Sedan RWD

Need help on the best ways to get the ride height I need.

113,615

In the old days we used what they called Hyjacker shocks, that was the quickest and cheapest way to give our old rigs a lift in the rear and it was fully adjustable. Today you can use spring spacers or buy a set of springs made to the amount of lift you want and purchase shocks with enough travel for your lifted rear end, but once you do this it is stays that way no adjustabality. If it were me doing this I would go for the adjustable system.

air adjustable shocks may be available for your model--I will have a look~

yep. remember needing this as the tongue weight was a little too much with the old Little Champ vacation trailer~ recommend the summit racing ones...schroeder valve located on the bumper~