I have a 92 dodge stealth rt, I have replaced the battery and the starter twice. I can't get my car to consistently start. When it doesn't, the starter doesn't crank at all. When it does start I have to hold the ignition over for a few seconds. Help!

Asked by Jan 04, 2013 at 01:14 PM about the 1992 Dodge Stealth 2 Dr R/T Hatchback

6,845

It could be a bad ground or your ignition switch. Check both.

114,975

Mine was doing the same. I cleaned and retightened the ground connections ( battery to frame and battery to motor/block) I also tightened the connection of the sylnoid wire on the starter. (Pinched the female connector on the wire so it would fit tighter on the male end on the starter. Hope this helps.

114,975

Ok my fix helped for a while but did start back. But now I got it. Check back of ignition switch. Wiring harness has a small screw that holds it tight in the ignition switch.. Mine was real loose and not allowing all terminals to make contact when key was turned to start position. Everything else worked fine only starter relays not getting voltage they needed to crank it up. Tightened the screw and now it cranks every time. Hope this helps.