Putting on some new side fenders on a 190E 1987 model.

Asked by Sep 13, 2014 at 10:21 AM about the 1987 Mercedes-Benz 190-Class 190E 2.6 Sedan

Hi. I have a 190E 2.6. I bought some used side panels (I think that is what they are called.
They appeared on the later 190's. The lower parts of the doors have a plastic plate/cover)
And I want to put these panels on my 1987 car. Is there any customisation needed to fit
these onto my 190 2.6 1987 model?
Thanks in advance

Quarter Panels. You won't know until you try. Best of luck with it

If it's what I think you have you'll need to drill holes and get the clips.

Yep, B-Mark is right, like this car?

Its like this one. With the lower part of the doors a tone brighter. Those plastic plates. Someone refer to them as Side Fenders. Thanks for suggestions

Ahh, gotcha. I think as long as the wheelbase is the same you will have no problem

Best Answer Mark helpful

Is that the 190 AMG?

The door shells are identical, Mercedes designed the new door mouldings to fit the original holes from the older style black rub strip and bottom trim.

Just be aware you'll also need the rocker panel piece;they are available on ebay in two shades of grey and several lighter colors like beige and blue. Those specific to the Cosworth closest to wheel arches are completely different and require wheel arch moldings to work.